Receipt of cash payment for Glenover sale

RNS Number : 0038N
Galileo Resources PLC
02 May 2024

Galileo Resources Plc
(“Galileo” or “the Company”)

Receipt of cash payment for Glenover sale

Galileo Resources plc (“Galileo “or the “Company”) is pleased to inform shareholders that the Company has now received the Second Tranche payment totalling approximately ZAR 48.8 million (approx. GBP2.1M) and a further ZAR5.7 million (approx. GBP0.25M), being the final cash payment, is due to be received in early May 2024, in relation to JSE Listed Afrimat Limited’s (“Afrimat”) option to buy for ZAR300 million (approx. GBP12.88M)  shares in and shareholder loans made to Glenover Phosphate Proprietary Limited (“Glenover”) in which Galileo had a 30.46% direct and 4.99% indirect investment (total effective holding of 35.45%) held via Galagen Proprietary Limited (“Galagen”) (refer to announcements of 9 December 2021, 11 February 2022, 30 March 2022, 20 October 2022 and 23 June 2023).

Colin Bird Chairman and CEO commented “I am pleased that this further payment in relation to Glenover disposal has been received now and we expect the final amount shortly in full and final settlement. This payment marks the end of a long process, and we thank Afrimat for their highly professional technical and commercial approach to this transaction. The board of Galileo would like to thank our partners Ferminore for their tenacity and diligence during very extended due diligence phase.”

You can also follow Galileo on Twitter: @GalileoResource

For further information, please contact: Galileo Resources PLC

Colin Bird, Chairman   Tel +44 (0) 20 7581 4477
Beaumont Cornish Limited – Nomad

Roland Cornish/James Biddle

  Tel +44 (0) 20 7628 3396
Novum Securities Limited – Joint Broker

Colin Rowbury /Jon Belliss

  +44 (0) 20 7399 9400
Shard Capital Partners LLP – Joint Broker

Damon Heath

  Tel +44 (0) 20 7186 9952


This information is provided by RNS, the news service of the London Stock Exchange. RNS is approved by the Financial Conduct Authority to act as a Primary Information Provider in the United Kingdom. Terms and conditions relating to the use and distribution of this information may apply. For further information, please contact or visit