15 Jul Appointment of Senior Management team
15 July 2020
Galileo Resources Plc
(“Galileo” or “the Company”)
Appointment of Senior Management team – highly experienced and successful Kalahari Copper Belt exploration geologists
· Galileo has appointed the highly experienced and successful Kalahari Copper Belt exploration geologists, Dr Quinton Hills and Fred Nhiwatiwa as members of the Company’s senior management to provide assistance with the Company’s exploration projects in Botswana
· The new team members have previously discovered mineral deposits that have led to the development of mines in Botswana
· Dr Hills has been appointed to an advisory and supervisory role across all the Company’s exploration projects in Botswana
· Mr Nhiwatiwa has been appointed to manage exploration activities in Botswana
· Galileo will shortly commence a comprehensive and targeted exploration program utilising geochemical and geophysical techniques that have been routinely used to find copper-silver deposits in the Kalahari Copper Belt
· Galileo’s Kalahari Copper Belt tenures are positioned near:
Ø Cupric Canyon’s world-class Khoemacau Copper-Silver Project that hosts a sulphide resource of 502Mt @ 1.4% Cu and 17g/t Ag, including 185Mt @ 2.0% Cu and 27g/t Ag (refer to Cupric Canyon’s website www.khoemacau.com for details); and
Ø Sandfire Resources’ (ASX:SFR) Tshukudu Exploration Project that comprises the T3 Copper-Silver Project (60Mt @ 0.98% Cu & 13.6g/t Ag) and the recently discovered high-grade copper A4 Dome Prospect (refer to Sandfire Resources’ ASX announcements for details)
Colin Bird CEO said:” We are very pleased to have appointed such highly experienced and successful exploration geologists as Dr Hills and Mr Nhiwatiwa to help us progress the exploration and development of our very exciting, newly acquired copper licences in the highly prospective Kalahari Copper Belt and nickel-copper-platinum group metal licences in the Limpopo Mobile Belt in Botswana. With these additions to the Galileo team we are looking to accelerate the commencement of exploration on these properties within a matter of days”.
Galileo Resources plc (“Galileo “or the “Company”) is pleased to announce the appointment of highly experienced and successful Kalahari Copper Belt exploration geologists Dr Quinton Hills and Fred Nhiwatiwa. Dr Hills has been appointed to an advisory and supervisory role across all of the Company’s exploration projects, while Mr Nhiwatiwa has been appointed to manage exploration activities within Botswana. Dr Hills was part of the team responsible for the discovery of the Plutus Copper Deposit and defined the first ~100Mt of mineral resources at the Boseto Copper Project in north-western Botswana, during his tenure with Discovery Metals Limited. Mr Nhiwatiwa has been involved in two projects in Botswana that have proceeded from exploration all the way through to mine development, the Mupane Gold Mine and the Boseto Copper Mine.
Dr Quinton Hills BSc, MSc, PhD, MAusIMM
Dr Hills is a qualified geologist and minerals industry executive with more than 16 years’ experience in project generation, exploration and project development across a broad range of base, precious and minor metals (cobalt and vanadium) in Australia, Botswana, Namibia, Sweden and Finland. He possesses significant technical and project management expertise having previously been the CEO or Exploration Manager of four ASX-listed exploration and project development companies.
Fred Nhiwatiwa BSc, MSc, MAusIMM
Mr Nhiwatiwa has more than 25 years’ experience in design, implementation and management mineral exploration, resource development and business development in southern Africa.
You can also follow Galileo on Twitter: @GalileoResource
For further information, please contact: Galileo Resources PLC
|Colin Bird, Chairman
Andrew Sarosi, Executive Director
|Tel +44 (0) 20 7581 4477
Tel +44 (0) 1752 221937
|Beaumont Cornish Limited – Nomad
Roland Cornish/James Biddle
|Tel +44 (0) 20 7628 3396|
|Novum Securities Limited – Joint Broker
Colin Rowbury /Jon Belliss
|+44 (0) 20 7399 9400|
|Shard Capital Partners LLP – Joint Broker
|Tel +44 (0) 20 7186 9952|